- The search is not case sensitive (beethoven will retrieve Beethoven).
- Search by any word or string of words in the title.
- Enter author's last name first (Schubert, Franz).
- Find titles written in various languages by searching for composer's name only.
- Truncate titles and names for best results (suite will retrieve suite and suites; rhapsod will retrieve rhapsody and rhapsodies).
- Search for various spellings of names and titles (search for Tchaikovsky also as Tschaikowsky or Tschaikovsky; search for J.S. Bach as Bach, J).
- Search for composer and title of work, if known (Beethoven in the first blank and symphon in the second).
- All Library users can use the sets within the Library.
- Sets are loaned to organizations that have established agreements with the Art, Music and Recreation Center of the San Francisco Public Library.
- Sets owned by the Library may be temporarily unavailable (i.e. borrowed, lost or being repaired).
- Some sets owned by the Library do not include a conductor's score. Because some sets are old or are hand-copied we recommend that you look over the parts before checking them out.
For information about orchestral sets or to establish a borrowing agreement, contact:Art, Music and Recreation Center
San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102