One City One Book: San Francisco Reads is an annual citywide literary event that encourages members of the San Francisco community to read the same book at the same time and then discuss it in book groups and at events throughout the City. By building bridges between communities and generations through the reading and most importantly the discussion of – one book, we hope to help to make reading a lifelong pursuit and to build a more literate society.
Sponsors for One City One Book include the San Francisco Public Library and Friends of the San Francisco Public Library. The program is also supported by many bookstore partners, program partners and media sponsors.
Find out more about the Selection Criteria & Committee.
- 2013 - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
- 2012 - Paradise Built in Hell by Rebecca Solnit
- 2011 - Packing for Mars by Mary Roach
- 2010 - Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
- 2009 - Alive in Necropolis by Doug Dorst
- 2008 - West of Kabul, East of New York by Tamim Ansary
- 2007 - Cane River by Lalita Tademy
- 2006 - The Hummingbird's Daughter by Luis Urrea
English | Spanish
- 2005 - China Boy by Gus Lee