Early Literacy Mobile Stop Criteria
Sites considered for Early Literacy Mobile service must:
- Be located within SFPL service area (City and County of San Francisco)
- Have available legal parking for 25 foot vehicle
- Are a preschool, after school program, clubhouse, or public housing
- Not be within walking distance or easily served by branch library
- Be willing to comply with Early Literacy Mobile policies and procedures
- Have responsible adult available to coordinate Bookmobile program.
Priority will be given to sites that:
- Serve children needing early literacy support including English language learners, children at risk for low literacy achievement, or children living in low socio-economic households
- Are publicly funded, with City programs receiving the greatest consideration
- Serve preschool-age children, after school programs, or public housing
- Meet other logistical considerations, such as integration into current schedule, geographic location, and number of children served.