The Frameline San Francisco International LGBT Film Festival has donated its entire film archive – including movies never screened – to the Hormel Center of San Francisco Public Library. In June 2011 in celebration of Frameline35, The Library began to digitize, preserve and exhibit this precious collection. The Library is committed to making this invaluable resource accessible to researchers, historians, and the general public.
Highlights of Works Being Preserved
- Lesbians: The Invisible Minority
- KGO-TV Special takes us back to San Francisco when Lesbians were creating their own restaurants, bookstores, bars and unique places they could define for themselves. USA, 1981, 27:18 min
- Out of the Shadows (1990)
- Documentary portrait of black gay and transgender men in Washington D.C. narrated by poet Essex Hemphill. USA, 1990 23:34 min
- You Can Know All I Am
- One of few documentaries of the mid 1980s, it combines interviews, archival footage and photos to convey stories of lesbian herstory and lives. USA, 1986 49:05 min