Jobseekers Workshop - Strategizing your job search takes a lot of effort and planning. In this workshop, you will get an overview of the career exploration process and the online Job Seeker's Guide. In addition, participants will be given time to begin using our online tools that will help you learn how to assess your skills and preferences, explore careers, create plans and set goals, expand your skills, and create a successful job search. Job seekers and career changes, come to this workshop ready to explore! This course is for people who are comfortable using Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer.
- Explore job opportunities.
- Find, compare, and enroll in education classes, courses, and training programs.
- Learn how to achieve long-term goals.
- Explore new ways to find job openings through your network.
- Write successful résumés and cover letters.
- Improve your interviewing skills.
The Career Gateway is a national website that has been customized by JVS San Francisco to help you in your job search. These workshops will be led by Janet Frishberg, who works at JVS as the Career Gateway Outreach Specialist. For more information about how JVS can help you in your job search, go to www.jvs.org.
Golden Gate Valley