NOTE: This service is not available from mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets.
Printing from Personal Computers and Laptops*
To Submit Print Job
Use the cloud to send documents or web pages (up to 10MB in size; 105 pages in B&W; 26 pages in color) from your PC to one of our Library printers! Note that each step may take 10-45 seconds, as the communication is with the far-away cloud and not the Library’s network.
- Using Firefox for best results, go to www.printeron.com/sfpl/publiclibrary or locate SFPL on the PrinterOn.com website.
- In the Printer box, choose the SFPL branch to which you will send your document. Select the printer based on printing in black & white or in color.
- In the Select Document box, browse for the file name or enter the URL of the document to be printed and click the right arrow to continue.
- Select printing options, noting that printing defaults to double-sided; change to single-sided if preferred and for one-page printing. Enter your Username and Password (they will be required in order to pick up the document at the Library) and click the right arrow to continue.
- If you approve and want to send the job to the Library for printing, click the green printer icon.
- Click the double-left arrow to print another document.
- Click the for more information.
To Pick Up Printed Material
- Documents are held in the cloud for 24 hours before being deleted.
- Find and release print jobs:
- At branches, at the multifunctional device (at Chinatown and Richmond, in the Children's Room).
- At the Main Library, at multifunctional device 3A, 4A or 5A in the Copy Room on floors 3, 4 or 5, respectively.
- At the Main Library, at the multifunctional device in the Children's Center on the 2nd floor for jobs sent to 2A.
Black & white printing is 10¢ per page/side; color printing is 40¢ per page/side. Payment must be made with SFPL copy/print cards or with SFPL Library cards on which money can be loaded. Purchase a copy/print card at any SFPL location for a minimum of $1 or add value to an existing card. Use bills or credit cards (MasterCard or Visa). Coins are not used; change is not given; refunds are not given.
*San Francisco Public Library is not able to retrieve documents or trouble-shoot remote printing via PrinterOn, an independent vendor.