Online training & education
- Classes at the Library
- Classes and workshops regularly taught by staff at the Library.
- Computer Tutorials and Job Skills
- Job seeking computer skills, basics about computers and the Internet, email, social media, surfing the web, and search engines.
- Computing and IT Books (Safari Techbooks Online)
- Full-text online access to over 4000 computing, IT, and management titles that you can read online.
- Jobs & Careers Resources
- Practical information on topics such as job-hunting skills, choosing an occupation, education sources and employment agencies.
- Language Learning
- Language and ESL courses with gradual immersion, using real-life situations and actual conversations to effectively teach a new language
- Learn4Life (formerly Ed2Go)
- Wide range of highly interactive courses entirely over the Internet. Courses are led by expert instructors, and free with your San Francisco Public Library card.
- Learning Express
- Practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information you need to achieve the results you want—at school, at work, or in life.
- Live one-to-one online tutoring: Every day 1 - 10pm. Study, test preparation, skills building, and career resources always available.