- How do I find eAudiobooks on the San Francisco Public Library webpage?
- From the Library’s homepage at sfpl.org, go to the eLibrary blue drop-down menu and select eAudiobooks or just type sfpl.org/eaudiobooks into the address box. Here, you will find our various eAudiobook platforms, such as Axis 360 and OverDrive.
- What do I need to use Axis 360?
- Download the appropriate Axis 360 app for your tablet or smartphone. The app is available for Android devices running 4.0 or later, iOS devices running iOS 7 or later, and Kindle Fire tablets.
- Check out eAudiobooks from the Library’s Axis 360 site.
- When you start the checkout process, you will be asked for your library card number and PIN.
- What devices can I use to listen to Axis 360 eAudiobooks?
- You can use any device running the Android or iOS operating systems. Go to the App Zone for details on system requirements.
- What happened to Acoustik?
- Acoustik has been retired and replaced with the all-in-one app. Patrons using Acoustik will receive messaging and a link to download the all-in-one app.
- How do I check out and use Axis 360 eAudiobooks?
- To check out content, simply find the title you wish to check out and then tap the Check Out button. Your title will immediately begin to download and will open automatically inside the Axis 360 app.
NOTE: If you are on the Library’s Axis 360 website, click on the Check Out button next to the item you wish to check out. For more details on checking out and downloading eBooks, visit the Axis 360 Help page.
- How many holds can I place at one time?
- You can place up to 20 holds in Axis 360. These are not counted against your print book holds.
- How many eAudiobooks can I check out at once?
- You can check out up to 20 titles at one time. These are not counted against your limit for print materials.
- What do I do when I receive notice that my hold is ready?
- Be sure to read any instructions given in the email. Go to the link provided in the email and proceed to check out the item. You have 72 hours to check out your hold before it expires and is given to the next patron on the holds list.
- How long is the lending period for an eAudiobook?
- The default lending period is 21 days. You can adjust the checkout time to 7 or 14 days if you don’t need the full 21 days.
- Can I renew my eAudiobooks?
- To renew your eAudiobooks, log on to the Library’s Axis 360 website and renew your items via the Items on Loan list. You will receive an email notification when the title is available to check out again.
- How do I return an Axis 360 eAudiobook early?
If you are using the Axis 360 mobile app, you can return your title via the My Stuff section. In iOS, swipe to the left to reveal a Return button and then tap it to return your item. In Android, tap the menu icon next to the title you wish to return and then tap the Return button that appears.
If you are reading on the Axis 360 Desktop application, hover over the title and click the Info button. Click Return Item.
- Who do I contact if I have a question or problem?
- Please fill out our eAudiobooks Help Online Form or send an email to email@example.com with as much detail as possible regarding the issue you are experiencing. This is the fastest way to get answers to your questions. If it is a technical problem, please include any error messages you received as well as details about your computer, e.g., Mac/PC, operating system, version of browser used, etc. You may also visit your local library or call (415) 557-4400 for assistance.