- Novelist (Middle School +)
- Guide to suggested reading with reviews and other features
- Student Resource Center (Literature) (Middle School +)
- Curriculum-targeted resources include primary documents, biographies, topical essays, background information, critical analyses, magazines, newspapers, photographs, illustrations, and audio and video clips.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, Music & Video (OverDrive) (Middle School +)
- Thousands of titles to choose from in multiple formats (MP3, WMA, PDF, ePub, Kindle) available for downloading onto your personal computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Literature Criticism Online (High School +)
- An extensive compilation of literary commentary that represents a wide range of modern and historical views of authors and their works across regions, eras & genres.
- Gale Schools Research Tools (Middle School +)
- Tips on writing, evaluating information and citing sources.
- Teenreads (Middle School +)
- Booklists, book series, reviews, and more.
- Library Booklists (Middle School +)
- A collection of booklists by subject and genre from many public libraries.
- YALSA Booklists (Middle School +)
- Lots of links for authors, illustrators and booklists
- Banned Books Online (Middle School +)
- Discussion of censorship and banned books with links to electronic text of books mentioned.
- The Gutenberg Project (Middle School +)
- Collection of 16,000 full-text books online.
- Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Middle School +)
- The complete works of William Shakespeare online. Includes some commentary.
- Bibliomania (Middle School +)
- Links to online versions of selected Classics of fiction and non-fiction.
- HTI American Verse Project (Middle School +)
- Electronic texts of selected American poets.
- Native American Authors (Middle School +)
- Bibliography, biography and texts from selected Native American authors.
- Ipl2 for Teens (Middle School +)
- Online public library for teens with resources for school help, research guides, reading and writing.
- CliffsNotes (High School +)
- Free online access to 180 full-text literature guides. Students can get answers to literature questions for assignments via “Ask Cliffs” feature.
- SparkNotes (High School +)
- Literature guides like CliffsNotes but also offers free video literature guides.
- The Elements of Style (Middle School +)
- William Strunk's classic guide to good writing.
- Works Cited 4 U (Middle School +)
- Formats bibliographies and works cited for researchers, writers and students.
- 826 Valencia (Middle School +)
- This community resource provides assistance with writing skills through tutoring and workshops.
- Street Side Stories (Middle School +)
- This local organization works with schools and provides after school workshops to strengthen literacy skills through storytelling.
- WritersCorps (High School)
- This organization places professional writers in community settings to teach creative writing to youth.
- Youth Speaks (High School)
- This organization aims to achieve a more inclusive, and active, culture through oral poetry.