Make your visit to the Main Library the best it can be! We will be happy to discuss class size, subjects your students may be researching, and the duration of your visit. Return the completed Library Card applications to the Teen Librarian 2 weeks prior to the visit (this will ensure that new library cards will be ready for your students). A copy card with a minimum value of $1.00 can also be purchased at the library.
Middle and High School Checklist
- Make an appointment with the Teen Librarian Team 3-4 weeks before your visit by calling (415) 437-4857 or emailing: email@example.com.
- Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org preferably one week in advance of your visit.
- Bring library cards. Your students can obtain applications from any SF Public Library or go to Get a Library Card. Submit applications at least 2 weeks before your visit.
- Become familiar with our online catalog system and any relevant databases. (See Training Classes available or call 557-4400).
- Check in at each department when using resources of several departments; they may have gathered materials for your students to use.
- Remind students to bring their assignment sheets and $$ for copying materials. Printing from computers is 10 cents per page for black & white, and 40 cents per page for color.