WIN A $5,000 SCHOLARSHIP
sponsored by Supervisor Mark Farrell!
Teens ages 13-18 who read for 30 hours and submit 5 book reviews online at SFPL.org/summerread will be entered into a drawing to win a $5000 education scholarship!
Four winners will be chosen from libraries around the city. Drawing will be held mid-August and winners will be notified in September 2014.
SUMMER READ 2014 BOOK REVIEW GUIDELINES FOR SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
What is a Book Review? A book review is a description and evaluation of a book. Writing book reviews is a good way to share great book ideas to other readers. There is no absolutely right way to write a review, so just have fun with it!
- Minimum 150 words.
- Book reviews will be published on the San Francisco Public Library Summer Read website.
- There is no limit to the number of reviews you may write.
- Reviews must be original work, not copied from printed or online sources.
- All reviews submitted will be reviewed by a teen librarian to determine if meet guidelines for scholarship and publication on the SFPL web site.
- You may review any type of book (fiction, nonfiction, dystopian, romance, science fiction, fantasy, etc.).
- Questions to consider: Why would you recommend this book to a friend? How did the author make the characters come to life? In what ways did the book enrich your life? How did the book speak to you?
- Tell your friends about your reviews and encourage them to participate too!
Thank you to Supervisor Mark Farrell for providing the scholarship prizes!