Read to Win!
Summer readers of all ages will receive the 2015 library tote bag as their finishing prize for Summer Stride. Kids will receive theirs after finishing prize after 10 hours of reading, adults and teens will be eligible to receive theirs after completing 15 hours. The washable canvas tote features art from Benjamin Chaud. Whether your tote is full of library books or veggies, we hope to see you strutting down the street with summer stride pride!
How to Join
Sign-up online or pick up a paper tracking guide with instructions at any neighborhood library or bookmobile.
To participate online:
If you already have a SFPL library card:
- Click join, enter your library card number or username and library pin number
If you do not have a library card, you can join without one:
Track your time:
- 10 hours (Kids) (Young children can participate by having someone read to them)
- 15 hours (Teens)
- 15 hours (Adults)
*To modify, earn the prize by reading, listening, and learning for 15 hours.
VISIT YOUR LIBRARY!
- Pick up a paper tracking guide to participate offline, and for fun Summer Stride activities.
- Borrow books, CDs, DVDs and more.
- Attend free events for all ages.
- One Summer Stride sign up per person.
- Ask about group sign-ups!
All participants in Summer Stride can enter the weekly raffle starting the first day! Raffle prizes include museum passes and gift certificates. Pick up and return the raffle ticket at your local library. There is a limit of one raffle ticket per person per day. Visit your local library for details or go to sfpl.org/prizessummerstride.