Wallace Stegner Environmental Center - 5th Floor
100 Larkin St.
The Wallace Stegner Environmental Center is a resource center for information about the environment. Its goal is to inspire understanding and appreciation of the interconnectedness of life on earth by providing environmental literature and innovative public programs. The Center is named after the Pulitzer Prize-winning author Wallace Stegner.
See the full New Green Reads list
Collections and Services Available
- Green Stacks: Inspiration and information for living a greener life.
- A collection of books ranging from those for the layperson to books used by members of the Bay Area’s environmental community
- Magazines concerned with core environmental issues
- A variety of programs and lectures that inform the public about topical ecological and environmental issues
- Associated with the Stegner Center is the Government Information Center, which holds City, state and federal documents including environmental impact statements
- A permanent display of Wallace Stegner’s personal copies of his books