Get a Library Card
CA Residents Apply Online (pickup your card at any Library location). San Francisco homebound residents may apply by mail.
Library Card Features
- Borrow from all SFPL locations
- Remote access to online resources
- Free to California residents
- Privacy protections
Library card accounts expire every 4 years (except for Digital Access, Teacher, and Visitor cards).
- In person: present either the original card or current identification at any of our libraries or bookmobiles.
- By telephone: 415-557-4400
- By email: email@example.com. When emailing, please include your full name, birth date, residence address, phone number, and library card account number.
- Online with the SFPL Text & Chat service.