Get a Library Card
January 3 – February 14, 2017
Return your overdue items, clear your record and begin enjoying all of the fabulous resources that the Library has to offer!
CA Residents Apply Online, activate the account, and pickup the card at any Library location within 30 days. San Francisco homebound residents may apply by mail.
Library Card Features
- Borrow from all SFPL locations
- Remote access to online resources
- Free to California residents
- Privacy protections
Library card accounts expire every 4 years (except for Digital Access, Teacher, and Visitor cards).
- In person: present either the original card or current identification at any of our libraries or bookmobiles.
- By telephone: 415-557-4400
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing, please include your full name, birth date, residence address, phone number, and library card account number.
- Online with the SFPL Text & Chat service.