Photographs and visual materials are scanned as TIFF files.
- Complete and submit the REPRODUCTION OF IMAGES FORM
- Consult the scan fees below.
- Prepayment is required. Payment by cash, money order and check drawn on a U.S. bank are accepted. Please make check or money order payable to the San Francisco Public Library. Currently, credit cards are not accepted
- Bank transfers accepted. Processing of your order will not begin until Library's Finance Office notifies that full payment has been received. There are no exceptions. This can delay the turnaround from 2 to 4 weeks.
- TIFF files are burned to a CD or sent via FTP.
- Orders are generally completed within 7 business days, however large or complicated orders may take longer.
- The library may charge higher fees for difficult to scan items or special RUSH requests.
- No refunds are given.
|Existing scan 300 dpi TIFF (in online database)
|New scan 300 dpi TIFF(not yet digitized)
|New scan 600 dpi TIFF
|New scan 1200 dpi TIFF
|New scan 4000 ppi TIFF slides, negatives & glass plates
To place an order, please email email@example.com, call the San Francisco History Center Photo Desk: 415-557-4567, or visit during the open hours of the Photo Desk.
All images included herein are intended for personal use only. Any reproduction, redistribution, publication, exhibit, or other use, by any means, without prior written permission is prohibited. To reproduce or use the photographs, please complete the appropriate form(s) and submit them to the San Francisco History Center for permission.
For commercial and non-profit use of the images for use in books, journals, magazines/newspapers, documentaries, exhibitions, Internet, and all other uses, please see Permissions.