Families for Literacy is a very special part of Project Read. It provides extra support for Project Read learners who care for children 5 years of age and younger.
Every Project Read learner works one-to-one with a tutor to improve his/her literacy skills and achieve important life goals. Project Read staff are available to meet directly with learners as well as tutoring pairs to discuss their FFL goals and provide books, materials, guidance, and support.
Project Read FFL Goals
- Help parents improve their own reading and writing skills.
- Create a rich and diverse home library by providing FREE children's books to participating families.
- Encourage reading in the home as an activity to be shared and enjoyed by the whole family.
- Welcome families to the public library and assist them in using its many resources.
- Empower parents as their child's first and foremost teacher.
- Help parents develop skills and strategies that prepare their children to be successful in school.