Laptops for Use in the Library
San Francisco Public Library has a project to help increase computer resources for use by the public.
Laptop Program Facts
- Laptops can be borrowed by SFPL library card holders at all branch locations.
- Laptops are for in-library use only. They cannot be taken outside the library.
- Laptop and desktop computers that require an SFPL library card can be used in any combination for a total of two hours daily.
- Laptops have the ability to print to the branch public print station or multifunctional device.
- Laptops have the following computer programs:
- Internet Explorer
- Office2013 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- You must have a library card from San Francisco Public Library (excluding restricted or visitor cards) with no outstanding fines of $10.00 or more.
- You must read, understand and sign (or accept via the Bernal Heights, Eureka Valley and Excelsior laptop checkout kiosk) the San Francisco Public Library Laptop Use Agreement.
- For children ages 12 and younger the Laptop Use Agreement must be signed by the parent/guardian listed on the child's library card. This must be signed at the Circulation Desk in the presence of a library staff member.
Loan Periods and Use Procedures
- Laptops can be borrowed for in-library use only.
- Laptops can be borrowed for up to two hours.
- If you cannot log in, please bring the laptop to a Library staff member.
- Return the laptop after your session is over to make it available for the next user.
- If you are using the laptop at the end of the day it must be returned 15 minutes prior to the library closing.
- No laptops can be borrowed 30 minutes prior to the library closing.
- There are no floppy drives or DVD/CD drives on the laptops. You must use a personal USB device to save your work.
- All files and downloads will be deleted when your session has been completed.