Laptops for Use in the Library
San Francisco Public Library has a project to help increase computer resources for use by the public.
Laptop Program Facts
- Laptops can be borrowed by SFPL library card holders at all branch locations.
- Laptops are for in-library use only. They cannot be taken outside the library.
- Laptop and desktop computers that require an SFPL library card can be used in any combination for a total of two hours daily.
- Laptops have the ability to print to the branch public print station or multifunctional device.
- Laptops have the following computer programs:
- Internet Explorer
- Office2013 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- You must have a library card from San Francisco Public Library (excluding restricted or visitor cards) with no outstanding fines of $10.00 or more.
- You must read, understand and sign (or accept via the Bayview, Bernal Heights, Chinatown, Eureka Valley, Excelsior, Mission, North Beach, Park, Richmond, The Mix at Main and Visitacion Valley laptop checkout kiosks) the San Francisco Public Library Laptop Use Agreement.
- For children ages 12 and younger the Laptop Use Agreement must be signed by the parent/guardian listed on the child's library card. This must be signed at the Circulation Desk in the presence of a library staff member.
Loan Periods and Use Procedures
- Laptops can be borrowed for in-library use only.
- Laptops can be borrowed for up to two hours.
- If you cannot log in, please bring the laptop to a Library staff member.
- Return the laptop after your session is over to make it available for the next user.
- If you are using the laptop at the end of the day it must be returned 15 minutes prior to the library closing.
- No laptops can be borrowed 30 minutes prior to the library closing.
- There are no floppy drives or DVD/CD drives on the laptops. You must use a personal USB device to save your work.
- All files and downloads will be deleted when your session has been completed.