To ensure the participation of people with disabilities in all Commission public meetings, the following accommodations are offered:
- Sign Language interpreters or real-time captioning will be available upon request, if possible. Requesting these services through the Deaf Services Center at (415) 625-9082 Videophone, (415) 557-4433 (TTY) or (415) 557-4434 (Voice) at least 72 hours prior to the meeting will help to ensure availability.
- Assistive listening devices are available in the Koret Auditorium. Receivers may be picked up at the back of the room.
- Agendas and meeting minutes are available in alternative formats upon request. Please make your requests for alternative formats to the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at (415) 557-4253. Requesting accommodations at least 72 hours in advance will help to ensure availability.
- In order to assist the City in accommodating persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, please refrain from wearing scented products to Library Commission meetings. This includes perfume, scented lotions, detergents, hairsprays, etc. Thank you for helping us to provide meetings that are fully accessible to all people with disabilities.
- Library Commission meetings will be held at the Main Library, 100 Larkin Street at Grove, Lower Level, Koret Auditorium, except when otherwise noticed. The Main Library, including the Commission meeting room, is accessible to persons using wheelchairs and other mobility devices. Entrances on Larkin Street, Fulton Street and Grove Street all are accessible. The Grove Street entrance has a ramp just inside the inner door that leads to a landing where visitors can use an elevator for access to the Lower Level.
- The closest accessible BART station is Civic Center. The accessible MUNI line serving this location is the #19 Polk. For information about Muni's accessible service, please call (415) 701-4485
- Accessible parking is available at 355 McAllister, Civic Center Plaza Garage. Call (415) 863-1537.
- For inquiries or requests for other accommodations, please call (415) 557-4557