Preferred Search is a feature that allows you to stay informed about new materials added to the San Francisco Public Library collection. For example, you can select to be notified by email when a new book by your favorite author comes in. A preferred search can be for an author, a title, a subject or even a keyword. A total of 25 preferred searches can be stored to your account.
To Create a Preferred Search List
- Log in to your library record by clicking the Classic Catalog page.
button on the left when you are on a
- Enter your Library Card Number and PIN.
- Perform your search. For example, if you wish to be notified about new books by a preferred author, select Author in either the drop-down menu or the Author link. Type the author's name in the search box and click the
- Click the
- Now click the
- Select Preferred Searches.
- Click in the check box below the Mark for Email column.
- Click the
button. When the San Francisco Public Library receives a new title by your Preferred Search author (or new items according to what you entered as your Preferred Search), you will receive an email message.