Why do I need a PIN?
A PIN protects your library card from unauthorized use. In the event that your card is lost or stolen, it provides you with an extra layer of protection. The Library enabled this feature to help ensure the security of library accounts.
Your PIN is required when you:
- Log In to the library catalog to manage your account, renew materials, and reserve materials.
- login to use a library database
- check out items at a self-check out machine
- login to reserve and use a library computer
Forgot your PIN?
There are five ways we can help if you've forgotten or you want to change your PIN:
- You can reset your PIN online. You will receive an email containing further instructions at the address associated with your account. If you do not have an email address on file, please contact a librarian to reset your PIN.
- Online with the SFPL Text & Chat service.
- If you're in the Library, staff at any service desk will reset it. To safeguard your security, staff will need to confirm your identity by verifying information on your account.
- Call 415-557-4400 for help
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help