View Patent Images on the U.S. Patent & Trademark Web Site
View Patent Images on the U.S. Patent Site
In order to view full page images from the full text patents on the US Patent Web site you need to download special software. You can download the software free of charge from a site called AlternaTIFF. The program is compatible with Netscape Navigator 3.0 and higher, Internet Explorer 3.0 and higher and requires Windows 95 or higher (98, NT 4.0, 2000).
- Go to the Alternatiff home page.
- Click on the download link. (AlternaTiff v1.3.2)
- A pop-up box will appear, prompting you to specify where you want to save the AlternaTIFF software. Choose a name and location to save it.
- Open the application (if you saved it to the desktop, click on the AlternaTIFF icon.) Click on setup. Click on install.
- Fill out the registration form and then click on go.
- Close the Netscape or Explorer and then repoen it.
- Go to the USPTO web site www.uspto.gov . Click on Patents.
- Click on Search U.S. Patent Databases.
- Click on Patent Number Search (under full text databases). Type in the 7 digit number (numbers in the database start at 3,930,271) and click on search.
- Click on the patent number or patent title displayed. At the top of the next screen, click on images.