San Francisco Public Library
Español中文

Visitacion Valley Library History

The Visitacion Valley Branch Library was the 18th branch established in the San Francisco Public Library system, having been opened as a "deposit collection" in 1934. Eventually the facility was upgraded to a full service branch library and installed in a leased storefront facility at 45 Leland Avenue. The new library building at the corner of Rutland and Leland opened July 2011. Information on the project can be found on the Branch Library Improvement Program page.Visitacion Valley Branch interior in 1970
Visitacion Valley Branch interior in 1970