||G. Albert Lansburgh
|Seismic Hazard Rating
|Number of Stories
||1305 18th Avenue
|Gross Sq. Ft.:
The proposed modernization improvement plan would be to remodel the interior of the facility while preserving its historic character.
The facility was seismically upgraded in the early 1990s as part of the City's 1988 Proposition A. The proposed improvements are limited to an interior remodel project.
Accessibility work is limited to replacing and reconfiguring counters, service desks, workstations, and public amenities for the purpose of making them accessible.
Building code impacts will be limited to electrical and ventilation upgrades related to the interior remodel work. Hazardous material mitigation work is limited to the localized removal of flooring and other asbestos and lead containing materials in the areas of remodel. The modernization plan will include window replacement or modification, roofing replacement, sewer drain modifications, and improved lighting.
Program upgrades will include providing data/electrical outlets and renovating public and staff areas while providing a more efficient layout.
- Only minor falling hazards may exist.
- Identify and brace any potential non-structural falling hazards.
- Some existing work areas, furnishings, and amenities are not fully accessible.
- Make all furnishings, service counters, and public amenities accessible.
- Existing boiler is in need of replacement.
- Existing water heater needs replacement.
- HVAC equipment is in need of upgrade.
- Air distribution ducts are in need of upgrade.
- Replace boiler and water heater.
- Modify existing HVAC equipment as necessary to work with interior model.
- Provide continuous ventilation in all restrooms during library hours operation.
- Existing main electrical panel is in good condition.
- Additional sub-panels, conduits and outlets are needed to respond to a new flexible layout.
- New telecommunication panel and data line distribution system is needed.
- Existing lighting is adequate but may need modifications due to interior remodel.
- Add power and telecommunication sub-panels, conduits, and outlets as required.
- Add or replace lighting as needed.
- Emergency lighting and exit signs are in good condition and of sufficient quantity.
- The building is provided with some fire extinguishers.
- The building needs a fire alarm system and smoke detectors.
- The building lacks sprinkler system.
- The building lacks sufficient exterior lighting.
- Security grilles need to be upgraded or provided where missing.
- Add fire extinguishers as required by code.
- Provide a central fire alarm and smoke detectors.
- Add fire sprinkler system if required by code.
- Add exterior security lighting.
- Restore or provide security grilles as required.
- Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM’s) were identified in this building.
- Where impacted by construction, abate asbestos.
- Lead that is impacted by construction shall be abated.
- Exterior stair, railings and exterior masonry finishes need maintenance and repair.
- Some interior finishes need refurbishment.
- Repair exterior concrete entry and metal railings.
- Preserve most finishes except restore those impacted by interior remodel scheme.
The building has minimum landscaping except for adjacent schoolyard.
Send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com