Are There Any Articles Written About The Building?
Was It In the News?
- Architect and Engineer, 1906-1959 microfilm, print [SFHC] and online (1909-1959).
- Indexes: Index for 1905-1928 (vol.1-95) compiled by Gary Goss (print); index for 1930-1959 (vol. 103-217) online Art Full Text (Wilson)
To limit your search to this journal, enter "Architect and Engineer" and select "Journal Name" from the pull-down menu. (from outside of the library, a San Francisco Public Library card and PIN are required to access the database). Please note: Art Full Text only indexes this journal.
- California Architect and Building News, 1879-1899 microfilm [SFHC] and online.
- Index: Index of San Francisco Building, 1879-1900 by John Snyder (print).
- San Francisco History Center Ephemera Collection [SFHC].
- Use the online guide for looking up building and business names. Check with the librarian to retrieve these files from closed stacks.
- San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco Examiner, San Francisco Call and Daily Alta California microfilm [Magazines & Newspapers Center and some online].
- Check the newspapers for events that happened in the buildings, information about architects and advertisements for residential areas.
- San Francisco Examiner, 1902-present, on 5th Floor in MNC.
- Architects for building projects in west of Twin Peaks neighborhoods.
- San Francisco News Letter, 1868, July 1875-1886 (incomplete) [SFHC].
- Lists real estate transactions.
- San Francisco Heritage Newsletter / The Foundation for San Francisco's Architectural Heritage. 1973-present [SFHC].
- (2000-to date online) Indexed by SFAH.
SFHC = San Francisco History Center