eBooks: Axis 360
- How do I find eBooks on the San Francisco Public Library webpage?
- From the Library homepage at sfpl.org, go to the eLibrary drop down menu and select eBooks or just type sfpl.org/ebooks into the address box. Here you will find our various eBook platforms, including OverDrive, Axis 360, Ebsco eBook Collection, and SafariTech. OverDrive and Axis 360 offer popular fiction and nonfiction books including many bestsellers, while Ebsco eBook Collection and SafariTech have more reference-oriented titles.
- What do I need to use Axis 360?
- What devices can I use to read Axis 360 eBooks?
- Most devices running an operating system that allows the BLIO or Axis Reader applications to install onto it, should work: Mac & PCs | Android & iPad/iPhone
See the eBook Software Requirements Chart for more information. NOTE: Kindle eReaders (excluding the Fire) are not compatible with BLIO or Adobe Digital Editions. Please refer to our OverDrive FAQ, under “What devices can I use..,” for details on downloading Kindle formatted titles.
- How do I check out an eBook from Axis 360?
- Go to the Axis 360 Help page located at the top-left corner of the screen for more details on checking out and downloading ebooks.
- How many holds can I place at one time?
- There is no limit on holds for Axis 360. These are not counted against your print book holds.
- How many ebooks can I check out at once?
- You can check out up to 10 titles at one time. These are not counted against your limit for print materials.
- What do I do when I receive notice that my hold is ready?
- Be sure to read any instructions given in the email. Go to the link provided in the email and proceed to check out the item. You have 72 hours, once you receive the email, to check out your holds item before it expires and is given to the next patron on the holds list.
- How long is the lending period for an eBook?
- If you don’t specify a check out period and select the Checkout Now button, you will automatically have it for 21 days. You can adjust the checkout time from 2 to 21 days by selecting the Add To Checkout List button during the checkout process.
- How do I return an Axis 360 eBook early?
- BLIO formatted ebooks can be returned early as long as you are running the latest version of the BLIO app. EPUB formatted ebooks can be returned from the Adobe Digital Editions software.
- Who do I contact if I have a question or problem?
- Please visit your local library or send an email to email@example.com with as much detail as possible regarding the issue you are experiencing. If it is a technical problem, please include any error messages you received as well as details about your computer, e.g., Mac/PC, operating system, version of browser used, etc.
If you are having a problem with your BLIO reader application, contact BLIO Support.
- If it’s an eBook, why is there a waitlist to check it out?
- This is the model publishers negotiated with Axis 360, OverDrive and the Ebsco eBook Collection so that libraries could provide access to eBooks. As a result, borrowing eBooks is similar to checking out physical books – one copy at a time per patron. If another patron has already checked out an eBook, you may put a hold on it.
- Will you be adding more eBooks to the collection?
- We purchase hundreds of new Axis 360 and OverDrive eBooks every month and our SafariTech and Ebsco eBook collections are updated periodically.