- Zazoo (2001) FICTION
- 19 Varieties of Gazelle: Poems of the Middle East (2002) POETRY
- Habibi (1997) NON-FICTION
- Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (2000) FICTION
- Persepolis (2007) NON-FICTION, GRAPHIC NOVEL
- Shiva’s Fire (2001) FICTION
- IraqiGirl : diary of a teenage girl in Iraq (2009) NONFICTION
by Richard Mosher (France)
Why do the villagers seem leery of Zazoo’s gentle grandfather a supposed war hero who brought her from Vietnam to his French village when she was just 2 years old?
by Naomi Shihab Nye (Middle East)
This collection of poems explores the Middle East and the experiences of
being an Arab-American after the events following 9/11.
by Naomi Shihab Nye (Palestine)
When fourteen-year-old Liyanne Abbovd and her family move from St. Louis to Jerusalem, they are swept into the fierce tensions between Israelis and Palestinians.
by Louise Rennison (England)
Fourteen-year-old Georgia tries to reduce the size of her nose, stop her mad cat from terrorizing the neighborhood animals, and win the love of a hunk named Robbie.
by Marjane Satrapi (Iran)
This graphic novel tells the true story of how Marjane came of age during the Iranian Revolution.
by Suzanne Fisher Staples (India)
In India, a talented dancer sacrifices friends and family for her art.
edited by Elizabeth Wrigley-Field (Iraq)
In a country torn apart by war, a teenage girl blogs her story of family, friendship, and life under American occupation.