- Lesbian and Gay Voices: An Annotated Bibliography and Guide to Literature for Children and Young Adults
- Free Your Mind: The Book for Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Youth – and Their Allies
- The Shared Heart: Portraits and Stories Celebrating Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Young People
- Revolutionary Voices: A Multicultural Queer Youth Anthology
- My Gender Workbook: How to Become a Real Man, a Real Woman, the Real You, or Something Else Entirely
- Transgender Warriors: Making History from Joan of Arc to Dennis Rodman
- Reflections of a Rock Lobster: A Story About Growing Up Gay
- GLBTQ: The Survival Guide for Queer and Questioning Teens
- Becoming Visible: A Reader in Gay & Lesbian History for High School & College Students
- What if Someone I know Is Gay? Answers to Questions About Gay and Lesbian People
- The Drag King Book
- Pedro and Me: Friendship, Loss, and What I Learned
- Queer 13: Lesbian and Gay Writers Recall Seventh Grade
- Eyes of Desire: A Deaf Gay & Lesbian Reader .
Luczak, Raymond, editor.
- How I learned to Snap: A Small-Town Coming-Out and Coming-of-Age Story
Day, Frances Ann
Bass, Ellen and Kate Kaufman.
How to come out, make healthy choices about relationships and sex, and connect with other gay youth and supportive adults.
A diverse group of young adults share their varied experiences of growing up queer.
Sonnie, Amy, editor.
This pioneering author gives a playful yet practical guide to living with or without a gender.
From an early age Fricke knows he is different. After experiencing years of unrelenting prejudice, he wins a court case to take a male date to his senior prom.
Jennings, Kevin, editor.
Jennings shows that people have enjoyed same-sex relationships throughout history and across a range of cultures.
Volcano, Del LaGrace.
One of the first books to chart the explosive rise of drag kings.
Graphic novel about the friendship that develops between straight Winick and gay roommate Pedro when the two meet on MTV’s The Real World.
Funny, sad, anguished and tender; these are stories about crushes, harassment, embarrassment and first love.