Lights! Cameras! Read! Teen Read Week Video Contest
To celebrate Teen Read Week 2010 this October, SFPL’s Teen Services will be holding a digital video contest. Create and submit an original, live action or animated video about your favorite book and you could win a Flip video camera!
1. All entries must be original work and contain only materials the creator has the rights to use. No copyrighted music, images, or video can be included unless you have written permission from the copy right holders to use them. If permission is obtained, entries that include non-original music, images or video must include credits.
2. Must be between the ages of 12 and 18 to enter.
3. One submission per a person.
4. Books featured in videos must be a part of the San Francisco Public Library’s print collection.
5. Videos must be limited to 1 1/2 minutes or less.
6. Videos may not contain inappropriate content.
7. By entering the contest, participants give permission to the San Francisco Public Library to create copies, reproduce, exhibit, publish, or distribute entries as part of the online promotion of the San Francisco Public Library.
8. Winners are responsible for traveling to the San Francisco Public Main Library to accept their prize.
- Create an account on www.youtube.com. If you are under the age of 13, you must have your parent’s permission to create an account.
- Upload your video to www.youtube.com and send a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, age, school and contact information in the email.
- Entries will be accepted through November 1st, 2010. Winners will be notified by November 10, 2010.
For more information, visit http://sfpl.org/teensite/ or contact Jennifer Collins at 415-557-4268.
Participation in this contest is free and supported by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library