The Sex Pistols' final concert at Winterland in '78 unofficially declared, "Punk is dead." Before MTV appropriated punk/new-wave fashion, San Francisco was home to some of the best emerging artists in the world. Mabuhay Gardens, Deaf Club, and Club Foot were just a few of places where it was going down. This special evening of films and live performance includes actor/musician Richard Edson, Christian Marclay's Bachelors Even, Bruce Geduldig's "Childhood Prostitute" (starring JoJo Planteen from Inflatable Boy Clams) and much, much more. Presented in conjunction with the exhibition, CLUB FOOT: Moving in the Direction Of History - Artifacts from SF's Art Punk Cabaret, on view in the Art, Music and Recreation Center, Fourth Floor, Main Library, June 5-Aug. 5.
Opening Night, photo credit: Ellen Curley
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Video Studio Drop-in
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl
- Movie Night: Chasing Ice
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 6:00 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon Films: To Be or Not to Be
- Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- A Natural History of San Francisco
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, May 8, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Research Your Ancestors!
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area