The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A booksigning and Q & A will follow a screening of the feature film.
Contact: Gretchen Good, Art Music and Recreation
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Flix at The Mix
- Sunday, April 30, 2017, 12:30 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Films for Adults: Cat People
- Monday, May 1, 2017, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Teen Movie: Queen of Katwe
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room