Bicycle Bride is a witty film about a rebellious young woman, Beena, whose family still clings to their old school beliefs about behavior and marriage for women. She pursues her dreams of freedom - but her Indian mother has other plans, including arranging a marriage for Beena.
Will Beena give in to what her cultural heritage says is right? Or will she follow her heart and possibly lose her family?
Directed by local filmmaker Dr. Hassan Zee who will be available after the screening for questions and answer.
2010, 104 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Flix at The Mix
- Sunday, April 30, 2017, 12:30 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Films for Adults: Cat People
- Monday, May 1, 2017, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Teen Movie: Queen of Katwe
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room