Meet Nyna Pais Caputi , the director of the film Petals In The Dust: The Endangered Indian Girls. She will discuss how age-old beliefs, intolerance and a preference for sons, combined with growing materialism and technology is leading to increased incidences of discrimination, violence and the horrific and tragic murder of millions of Indian girls and women in India. She will show a short trailer for the film, talk about the work of activists who are working to end the violence and take audience questions.Co-sponsored by the International Museum of Women.
- Kill the Ampaya!
- Martes 2 de Mayo de 2017, 6:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Author Mariko Tamaki Discusses This One Summer and More!
- Sábado 6 de Mayo de 2017, 4:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Niños: Sala Creativa
- Tranquil Resonance--the Story of the Guqin
- Sábado 20 de Mayo de 2017, 10:30 amChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones