This family friendly program highlights Spirituals through compelling DVD footage of the little known ring shout “dance,” community singing, and the character of Sojourner Truth as a storyteller; providing important knowledge about the origins of Spirituals and ways in which they were used by the slave community.
Sam Edwards : Speaker / Coordinator
Bisola Marignay as Sojourner Truth
Angela Thomas and Rener Price: Song Leaders
These cultural events are free and open to the public. Share your own thoughts on race at Race in the Public Eye.
- Dances for Camera
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 2:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Harlem of the West SF Project
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 3:00 pm
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 10:30 am