Most of us have periods of romance with the cities where we live. For Gary Kamiya, life-long San Francisco Bay Area resident—and co-founder of Salon—the romance has never died. As a tribute to that romance he’s penned a kaleidoscopic love letter to the city in Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco, which combines the deep knowledge of an old-timer with the wide-eyed curiosity of a newcomer. Join the author as he discusses the cool gray city we all love. A book sale and signing will follow the talk.
Cool Gray City of Love draws on everything from on-the-ground reporting to obscure academic papers to Kamiya’s experience of San Francisco to create an extraordinarily rich and lyrical portrait of a magical corner of the world. There’s no question that Cool Gray City will make you fall more madly for San Francisco. But it also infects you with a new appreciation for every place you’ve ever loved.
- Kill the Ampaya!
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 6:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Author Mariko Tamaki Discusses This One Summer and More!
- Saturday, May 6, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Children's Center
- Tranquil Resonance--the Story of the Guqin
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 10:30 amChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room