Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- MakeArt: Flower Garlands
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 2:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Lava Mae Free Mobile Showers
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 8:30 amMain Library, Fulton Street Steps
- Staying Healthy with Diabetes (in English and Cantonese)
- Friday, May 5, 2017, 2:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, April 27, 2017, 5:30 pmMain Library, Library for the Blind
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, May 1, 2017, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Tai Chi at Noon
- Monday, May 1, 2017, 12:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area