Take to the sky with a colorful kite! Instructors will teach you how to make a traditional Japanese kite with Japanese paper and a bamboo frame.
Presented in conjunction with the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco.
Two sessions: 1:30-3 p.m. and 3-4:30 p.m.
Space limited. Maximum of 20 children per session. Ages 9 and above.
Call 557-4554 to reserve a space.
Meet a friend at the library for free activities and fun.
See our Asian Pacific American Heritage Month program guide (PDF)
- Fred Korematsu Speaks Up - and so can you!
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 11:00 amWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Fred Korematsu Speaks Up
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 3:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Japanese Taiko Drumming with Kristy Oshiro
- Thursday, May 4, 2017, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Tai Chi Tuesdays
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 2:15 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, May 8, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.