Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- American? Angel Island Immigrant Voices
- Sunday, May 7, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Kodakan Photo Day: Shades of San Francisco
- Saturday, May 13, 2017, 10:00 amMain Library, Skylight Gallery
- Home Movie Day: San Francisco's Filipino Community
- Saturday, May 13, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium