Meet the YouthMobile!
The newest member of the Library’s bookmobile fleet, the YouthMobile is the city’s only bookmobile focused on kids.
The YouthMobile visits schools, preschools, childcare centers, street festivals, and many other special and seasonal events. On Tuesdays, you may spot the 26-foot truck at one of our public parks, offering mobile library service and librarian-led storytimes in our popular Swing Into Stories program.
On board, you will discover a diverse array of library materials for children from babies to school-age kids. What we have on the bookmobile is changing all the time, but you will almost always discover new and beloved library materials from picture stories and graphic novels to books stuffed with facts.
When you leave, see if you can spot any of the following icons of San Francisco on the outside of the YouthMobile:
- Dragon boats of Lake Merced
- Wild parrots of Telegraph Hill
- The Alemany Farmers Market
- The sculptures of Cayuga Playground
- Snowy plovers at Ocean Beach
- The San Francisco Zoo
- SF MoMa (Wayne Thiebaud cakes)
- Women's Building in the Mission
- Golden Gate Park Dutch windmills
- Lyon Street Steps
- Hang gliders at Fort Funston
- Container ships and cranes in the Bayview
Interested in having the YouthMobile visit your site? Check out the criteria for a YouthMobile visit.