Free one-on-one coaching, workshops, mentoring and unlimited access to resources
JOBS & FINANCIAL TRAINING
Work It Program Series
We cover all the basics from resume writing, job searches, applying for City or State jobs, career transitions, tax preparation, budgeting and more. Missed a program you wanted to attend? You can watch some of our most popular programs online. Visit our Work it programs playlist (YouTube).
Work It programs and resources support job and career seekers, personal finance needs and small business owners. Programs include:
- How to get a California State or City job
- Resume and interviewing essentials
- Job searches (LinkedIn)
- Workforce development programs by various organizations
- One-on-one counseling on budgeting basics with Smart Money Coaching
- Meet One-on-One with a Certified Financial PlannerTM to create financial plan with Advisers Give Back
- Support for small business owners
See below or visit our Event Calendar for upcoming programs. For assistance, call 415-557-4488.
The Jobs and Careers portal offers a multitude of options for job seekers, such as:
- Live resume help by JobNow
- Interview and career coaching with JobNow and the CA Employment Development Department Workforce Services Branch
HELP FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Our Small Business Center offers resources for entrepreneurs to plan, finance, organize, operate and market a business.
Tech Time is a program series for everyone. We offer classes and one-on-one assistance. Topics include:
- Web searches
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and other applications
- Coding (HTML and CSS)
Select programs offered in Chinese, Spanish and Vietnamese. See all programs. For questions about Tech Time programs, please call The Bridge at 415-557-4388.
EARN A DEGREE
With Career Online High School you can earn a fully accredited high school diploma and a career certificate—free and entirely online! If you are an SFPL card holder, California resident and 18 years of age or older, Career Online High School could be for you.
BUILD READING & WRITING SKILLS
Project Read is the Library’s adult literacy program where professionally trained volunteer tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring to English-speaking adults who want to improve their basic reading and writing skills.
Tech Time, Career Online High School and Project Read are programs of The Bridge, a literacy and learning center located on the 5th floor of the Main Library. Visit The Bridge At Main for more information about other program offerings and resources.