The Bridge at Main - 5th Floor
100 Larkin St.
The Bridge at Main is a literacy and learning center that prioritizes community learning, adult literacy, youth and family literacy and technology literacy to create a learning environment for 21st Century skills. We have three resource collections and a variety of services supporting literacy and learning.
We are located on the 5th floor on the west side of the building, facing the Civic Center Plaza.
- Hi-Lo Collection - A resource collection of materials with high interest for adults written at a comparatively lower reading level with simple vocabulary and syntax, short chapters, a slim page count, and gripping storylines.
- Bridge Collection - A resource collection of instructional and informational materials on literacy, learning, and learning differences.
- Veterans Resources Collection - A resource collection of books to aid veterans in seeking benefits, employment, and adjusting to civilian life and also books about the veteran experience.
- The Bridge at Main TechLab – A dedicated 8 person computer lab for accessing our eLearning resources and supporting the Project Read literacy program.
Using 3D Printing To Give The World A Helping Hand
- The Bridge at Main is a member of the e-NABLE Community, a group of individuals from all over the world who are using 3D printers to create free hands and arms for those in need of an upper limb assistive device. To learn more about the community and devices visit: enablingthefuture.org. To request a device, please send us an e-mail.