StoryCorps Launches New West Coast Location at the San Francisco Public Library
STORYCORPS LAUNCHES NEW WEST COAST LOCATION AT THE
SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC LIBRARY
Airbnb co-founder, Joe Gebbia, will record inaugural interview with an early Airbnb employeeFebruary 14, 2014—StoryCorps, the national oral history organization, will call the San Francisco Public Library (SFPL) its new home in the Bay Area, with Airbnb as its lead sponsor. Airbnb is the world’s leading community-driven hospitality company. To date, StoryCorps has the largest single collection of voices ever gathered, from nearly 90,000 people in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Who:
- StoryCorps, Airbnb, San Francisco Public Library, KQED, KALW
- Friday, 2/21 at 10:00am PST
- Opening of StoryCorps' brand new location at the San Francisco Public Library; inaugural interview by Airbnb co-founder Joe Gebbia and an early Airbnb employee about starting the company in San Francisco. Representatives from StoryCorps, San Francisco Public Library, KQED, and KALW will also be in attendance.
- San Francisco Public Library
- 100 Larkin Street
- 6th floor, Skylight Gallery
- Cameras will be allowed in the StoryBooth before interviews begin. Photographs and video can be shot from outside the window during interviews.
- Press can listen to interviews with wireless headphones from outside the booth (when available).