For Immediate Release: June 19, 2017
Media Contact: Mindy Linetzky
(415) 557-4252; Mindy.Linetzky@sfpl.org
MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT
Invitation to Cover / Photo Opportunity
Mayor Ed Lee Announces More Days, More Hours at Branch Libraries
WHAT: San Francisco Public Library has added an additional, permanent, day of service at nine branch libraries. All of San Francisco’s 27 library branches are now open seven days a week, with a minimum of 50 hours per location each week.
The Mayor approved $1.8 million to the library’s annual budget in order to expand the hours.
The Mayor, along with Library officials, will be attending a toddler craft program at the Glen Park Branch this Monday, June 19, to celebrate.
WHEN: Monday, June 19, 10:15 a.m.
WHERE: Glen Park Branch Library, 2825 Diamond Street, San Francisco, CA 94131
- Mayor Ed Lee
- City Librarian Luis Herrera
- Supervisor Jeff Sheehy
- Library Commissioners Zoe Dunning & Teresa Ono
- Friends of SFPL Executive Director Marie Ciepiela
- Neighborhood Library Council Members
- Parents, children and caregivers
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES: Mayor interacting with preschool children as they do crafts.