BiblioCommons Is Here!
Welcome to the Library’s new catalog, which now offers an array of new features made available through BiblioCommons. The BiblioCommons catalog layer is an online and mobile service that makes it easier to track hold requests and renewals and find the titles you are looking for. It also serves as a social engagement platform for library users and staff.
- Find what you want with an improved search, much like the ones on the best sites
- Comment on and recommend titles with other users
- Create and share lists of recommended books
- My Shelves, for example, allows library users to organize everything they have read, seen, heard, or want to read, see or hear in the future. Privacy controls will allow patrons to choose to share, or keep their shelves private.
- Access personalized account functions with ease
- Includes creating your own account, more easily remembered login, one-click holds, and the integration of eBook checkouts into library users' accounts.
Use of the BiblioCommons catalog layer is optional. Library users will continue to have the option to use the Library’s existing Classic Catalog. You can always find the Classic Catalog in the footer at the bottom of every page.