Current standards available:
- National Electrical Code
- International Fire Code
- International Building Code
- International Residential Code
- Uniform Plumbing Code
- Uniform Mechanical Code
Standards NOT available:
- ANSI (American National Standards)
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)
- ISO (International Standards Organization)
- National Fire Codes
The current National Fire Codes are available online at the National Fire Protection Association web site, nfpa.org/AboutTheCodes. Please note that these cannot be downloaded or printed.
SFPL has very limited, historical holdings of standards such as:
- American Concrete Institute Manual of Concrete Practice (ACI)
- Architectural Graphic Standards Up to 2007
- Fastener Standards 1988 and Metric Fastener Standards 1983
- Society of Automotive Engineers Handbook (SAE Handbook)
Consult the BST reference desk for other standards.
Sources for Purchasing Standards
Document Center Inc.
1504 Industrial Way, Unit 9 / Belmont, CA 94002 / Phone: (415) 591-7600 / Fax: (415) 591-7617
Information Handling Services
15 Inverness Way East / Englewood, CO 80112-5704 / Phone (800) 624-3974 / Fax: (303) 397-7935
Other Sources for Standards
Heating and cooling standards from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers.
Provides direct access to defense and federal specifications, standards, and related standardization documents cataloged in the DoD master repository. ASSIST-Quick Search does not require an account and password and makes documents available to the public free of charge.
Linda Hall Library is an independent public library of science, engineering and technology located in Kansas City, Missouri. The Library is used extensively by companies, academic institutions and individuals throughout the world. Some standards can be purchased through their document delivery system.
UC Berkeley Engineering Library (Kresge Engineering Library)