搜索引擎如：Google, AltaVista, Ask, 或是 AlltheWeb都可用來核實歌曲名稱。您可以將歌曲名稱放在引號里看是否可以找到相吻合的歌曲名稱。不過，如果您輸入的歌曲名稱有多餘的字或是缺少字，或是字的拼法不同，用引號反而起會反作用。也可以利用歌詞在網上搜索歌曲，如果這個網站提供歌詞。如果您知道歌詞，將一句準確的歌詞放在引號里，就可以搜索到歌曲名稱。
您也可以利用這兩個主要有表演權機構的網上資料庫(ASCAP and BMI)來確認歌曲名稱、作詞者、演唱者。他們的資料庫有所有他們代表的作曲者和作詞者的資料。
美國國家版權局也有有關歌曲和作曲者的資料。這個資料庫較複雜，以下是使用這個資料庫的說明：Search Copyright Records。
- REF 016.7816 B438m Benjamin, Ruth and Arthur Rosenblatt. Movie song catalog: performers and supporting crew for the songs sung in 1460 musical and nonmusical films, 1928-1988. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, c1993.
- REF 016.7827 St93b (Room) Stubblebine, Donald J. Broadway sheet music: a comprehensive listing of published music from Broadway and other stage shows, 1918-1993. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland, 1996.
- REF 016.7827 St93e (Room) Stubblebine, Donald J. Early Broadway sheet music: a comprehensive listing of published music from Broadway and other stage shows, 1843-1918. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland, 2002.
- REF 016.783 M973 1988 (Room) The Music locator. Saratoga, CA: Resource Publications, 1988. A catalog of choral music, by title, composer, and category.
- REF 016.784 B777s British Broadcasting Corporation. Central Music Library. BBC music library song catalogue. London: British Broadcasting Corporation, 1966. Lists published sheet music for art songs and arias. Volumes 1 and 2 are indexed by composer; volume 3 and 4 are indexed by title.
- REF 016.784 Es65r (Room) Espina, Noni. Repertoire for the solo voice: a fully annotated guide to works for the solo voice published in modern editions and covering material from the 13th century to the present. Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press, 1977. Lists art songs, arias and folk song settings.
- REF 016.7845 B623a Bloom, Ken. American song: the complete musical theatre companion, vols. 1-2. New York: Schirmer Books, 1996. Lists songs from the Broadway stage.
- REF 016.7845 B6233a Bloom, Ken. American song: the complete companion to Tin Pan Alley song, vols. 3-4. New York: Schirmer Books, 2001. Lists popular songs, stage tunes, and songs from films.
- REF 016.7845 W581j Whitburn, Joel. Joel Whitburn's Pop memories, 1890-1954: the history of American popular music compiled from America's popular music charts 1890-1954. Menomonee Falls, WI: Record Research, c1986. Lists popular songs from the pre-rock and roll era by performing artist.
- REF 781.66 St93c Stubblebine, Donald J. Cinema sheet music: a comprehensive listing of published film music from "Squaw Man" (1914) to "Batman" (1989). Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland, 1991.
- REF 782 ZB637gu Boldrey, Richard. Guide to operatic roles & arias. Redmond, WA : Pst...Inc., 1994. Includes a list of operatic arias.
- REF 782.7 ZW834s Woll, Allen L. Songs from Hollywood musical comedies, 1927 to the present: a dictionary. New York: Garland Pub., 1976.
- REF 784 ZB249d Barlow, Harold and Sam Morgenstern. A dictionary of vocal themes, by Harold Barlow and Sam Morgenstern. New York: Crown Publishers, 1950. A listing of songs and arias by composer, title and first lines.
- REF 784.01 St31 Author Stecheson, Anthony and Anne. The Stecheson classified song directory. Hollywood, Calif.: Music Industry Press, 1961. Lists songs by subject category.
- REF 784.21 ZL584s 1984 Lewine, Richard and Alfred Simon. Songs of the theater: A definitive index to the songs of the musical stage. New York: H.W. Wilson Co., 1984.
- REF 784.5 ZJ151w Jacobs, Dick. Who wrote that song? White Hall, Va.: Betterway Publications, c1988. An extensive of list of popular songs, their songwriters, and dates.
- REF 784.5 ZL45g 1989 Lax, Roger. The great song thesaurus. New York: Oxford University Press, 1989. Lists songs by title, songwriter, as well as subject, keyword and category.
- REF 784.5 ZL692L Lissauer, Robert. Lissauer's encyclopedia of popular music in America: 1888 to the present. New York: Paragon House, 1991. An extensive listing of popular song of all eras.
- REF 784.5 ZSh22pc 1920-1979 Shapiro, Nat and Bruce Pollock, editors. Popular music, 1920-1979: a revised cumulation. Detroit, MI: Gale Research Co., c1985. (3 vol.) The authors have also published cumulations for 1900-1919 and 1980-1989, as well as annual updates.
- REF 789.9 G823g Green, Jeff. The Green book of songs by subject: the thematic guide to popular music. Nashville, TN: Professional Desk References, 2002.
- REF 789.9 L951d Lowe, Leslie. Directory of popular music, 1900-1965. Droitwich: Peterson Publishing Co. Ltd, 1975. Listing of popular songs with a British focus.
- REF 789.9 M4615c Meade, Guthrie T., with Dick Spottswood, and Douglas S. Meade. Country music source: a biblio-discography of commercially recorded traditional music. Chapel Hill, N.C.: Southern Folklife Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries in Association with the John Edwards Memorial Forum, 2002. Includes the folk sources and title variants for many songs.
- REF 789.9 M9699 1947-1982 (Room) MusicMaster: the 45 RPM record directory: 1947 to 1982. Allison Park, Pa.: Record-Rama, 1983. An extensive listing of 7â€, 45 RPM records and their B-sides.
- REF 789.9 W581a 2002 Whitburn, Joel. Joel Whitburn's Album cuts, 1955-2001. Menomonee Falls, WI: Record Research Inc., 2002. Lists the tracks of popular albums.
- REF 789.9 W581b 2004 Whitburn, Joel. The Billboard book of top 40 hits: Complete chart information about Americaâ€™s most popular songs & artists. 8th edition. New York, NY: Billboard Publications, 2004. Lists hit singles by recording artist and song title.
- REF 789.9 W581tcs 1944-1993 Whitburn, Joel. Joel Whitburn's top country singles, 1944-1988; compiled from Billboard's country charts, 1944-1988. Menomonee Falls, WI: Record Research, c1989.
- REF 789.9 W581tr 1942-1988 Whitburn, Joel. Joel Whitburn's top R & B singles, 1942-1988. Menomonee Falls, WI: Record Research Inc., c1988.