This full length docudrama (103 minutes, in English with Chinese subtitles, 2007) made for the 20th anniversary of the Nanking massacre, tells the compelling and courageous life story of Iris Chang, a young woman who at age 26 dedicated her life to teaching the world about the forgotten holocaust in World War II. Her book, The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II, was a New York Times bestseller and spurred Iris’ campaign to tell the world this story. Sadly, deeply affected by her research and the toll of her work, Iris took her own life in 2004. The film’s interweaving of documentary footage, survivor interviews, and archival details provide a wealth of important information about this brave and intelligent woman.
- Thursdays at Noon Films: To Be or Not to Be
- 星期四, 2017年4月27日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- It Ain't Pretty - The Women's Big Wave Movement
- 星期四, 2017年4月27日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Movie: Jack Reacher Never Go Back (2016)
- 星期五, 2017年4月28日, 3:45 pmBayview 分館, Bayview 會議室