Each session of this weekly course will focus on one aspect of living a healthy life through making better choices. Classes can be taken individually or as part of this weekly series. Participants will learn easy alternatives and options to some of the most common mistakes we make about our health.
- March 6: Lean protein options, recipes
- March 13: Whole grains & healthier starch options, recipes
- March 20: Bone health and sources of calcium and vitamin D, recipes
- March 27: Portion size in proportion to your height and physical activity level, adapting old favorites to be more healthy, recipes
This program is presented by The Arc San Francisco, a non-profit agency. The mission of The Arc San Francisco is to serve people with developmental disabilities by promoting self-determination, dignity and quality of life.
The Bridge at Main is a literacy and learning center that prioritizes community learning, adult literacy, youth and family literacy and technology literacy to create a learning environment for 21st Century skills.
Inclusive programs have been designed for patrons with autism spectrum disorders, sensory integration issues, developmental disabilities, learning differences, or other special needs. Everyone is welcome!
- Lava Mae Free Mobile Showers
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 8:30 amMain Library, Fulton Street Steps
- Sharing the Autism Journey
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 6:00 pm
- Staying Healthy with Diabetes (in English and Cantonese)
- Friday, May 5, 2017, 2:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room