Former China correspondent Jennifer Lin dramatizes 150 years of her family history in her new book, Shanghai Faithful: Betrayal and Forgiveness in a Chinese Christian Family, (Rowman & Littlefield, March 2017). A reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer for 31 years, Lin used her skills as a reporter to weave oral history and archival resources into a narrative spanning five generations. Shanghai Faithful presents a poignant portrait of a family as well as a vivid history of Christianity in China, stretching from the 19-century mission outposts of South China to the cathedrals of war-torn Shanghai and today’s thriving house churches at the heart of China’s unprecedented religious revival. The program will be conducted in English.
- Kill the Ampaya!
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 6:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Author Mariko Tamaki Discusses This One Summer and More!
- Saturday, May 6, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Children's Center
- Tranquil Resonance--the Story of the Guqin
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 10:30 amChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room