2:00 - 3:00
Create a three color reduction print using styrofoam and learn registration, color separations, color manufacturing and pulling a printed edition.
- Flat surface to roll out ink
- Water based wood block inks are best
- Tempera or acrylic are fine though they dry more quickly
- Construction paper, copier paper or pages from an book
- Printing Matrix
- Styrofoam picnic plates, styrofoam meat/vegetable container or take out containers.
- Ideal INOVART Presto Foam Printing Plates Econo Pack, 4"x6"
- Printing Tool: spoon
- Paper towel
- Blow dryer
Alexandra Blum received her BFA from Cornell University in Painting and her MFA in Printmaking from Washington University in St Louis. She has had residencies at Curtiduria Print shop in Oaxaca, Mexico and the de Young Museum in San Francisco. Blum actively exhibits and selected shows include de Young Museum, Cornell University Hartell Gallery, San Francisco Public Library, Museo de la Filatelia de Oaxaca, Ligne Roset, Front Gallery, Somarts, Paxton Gate Curiosities for Kids, The Mission Cultural Center and The San Francisco Jewish Library.
Ali Bum teaches at Drew School and the students serve as a constant source of energy and inspiration. She has conducted workshops and live art demonstrations at the SFMOMA, de Young Friday Night Events, The Academy of Sciences, Asian Art Museum intern program and The Jewish Museum. She is a member of the California Printmaking Society.